Sunday, February 15, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day!


This is a quilt I made for my husband for Valentine's Day in 1996 (I think). In the early days, I evidently wasn't very brave in my pattern choices. Here is ANOTHER log cabin:


Around this time, my mom got a fancy new embroidery sewing machine, so I embroidered the 4 corners.



This quilt is tied with white yarn, and the binding is just a self binding turned over the back.. At my husband's request, this quilt had a polar fleece back....I learned that a stretchy back puts stress on some of the seams, and this quilt has some repair work to be done. :(

My quilts DO get better and more interesting eventually...I promise! :)

2 comments:

  1. I think that might have been 1997. We had just moved to Texas in November of 96 and Mom got the Brother machine for Christmas that year.
    Love your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would have been pregnant when you made it. Does that sound right?

      Delete